Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15

 
Jack is now three weeks old today.  Hard to believe, you spend so much time anticipating and preparing and especially near the end, the pregnancy seems to drag on, but now that he is here, I want a button to press to slow time down!  Earlier this week we had to buy some more newborn diapers, which I was hesitant about since he will be out of them soon, but for now he still needs the newborn size.  Bryce was figuring out about how long the new pack of diapers would last, and he figured about 10 days.  And I said to him "Do you realize that Jack will be a month old in 10 days?"  Needless to say Bryce couldn't believe it either!  
So far, we have been blessed with a wonderful baby.  He is a good sleeper and has been letting me sleep at night for 5 hours at a time.  I am enjoying this as much as I can now because I know at any moment this could change!  During the day he is still eating every 3 hours and I feel like he is growing before my eyes!  This morning I dressed him in one of his newborn outfits and his feet were trying to poke out of the feet at the bottom and he had to ball up his hands to fit in the mitten cuffs!  
He had another bath today.  Even though he still hated it, there was less crying than normal.  Hopefully they will go a little smoother still once his umbilical cord falls off.  While I was in the bathroom bathing Jack, Dakota took it upon himself to steal Jack's swaddle and mittens.  I found one mitten but the other is missing, so I am not sure if he ate it or if it just got moved somewhere and will turn up later...
Jack has met a lot of people in his short little life.  Yesterday he met Chris (the other Spanish teacher at school) and Ann Fry (health teacher at school).  Last year Chris was my mentor and Ann was Bryce's mentor.  Today he met just about everyone in the office at school and Mrs. Heller and Ms. Fisher from the Media Center.  Everyone just loves him!  They were all surprised at how alert he is for only being 3 weeks old.  He also got lots of compliments on how beautiful he is!
Jack has brought so much joy to our lives and we just love sharing him with everyone else!  We have been able to talk to Gammy and PopPop (my mom and dad) via web cam a few times and that has been nice.  Hopefully they can see us again in person soon!  
Bryce wants everyone to know that Jack is a stud ;)
 

1 comment:

photobucket

New pics